Saturday, June 15, 2013

Scriptures

We would like to share a few Scriptures and thoughts that God has placed on our hearts regarding the trip:

Lee
  
My prayer time and journaling yesterday were on the reasons for the trip. I have stated that we are going to Africa to visit the clinics which CompassioNow and Compassion Tea support and to connect with the local pastors in the area and understand what they are doing. My meditation and thoughts were while that is true, why have you God orchestrated this trip for the four of us at this specific time?


In John 5:17, Jesus said to them, “My Father is always as this work to this very day, and I, too am working.”

In John 12:26, It is stated “Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am my servant will also be.”

John 13:17 reads “Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.”

I know God is working in CompassioNow and Compassion Tea, working at New Harvest, working in Haiti, working in Tanzania and Kenya and elsewhere. We are called to follow Him and do the things He shows us.

I am anxious to see what God reveals during this trip, how he speaks to each of us and to learn with clarity why we are there, why at this time and more. I pray for our hearts and minds to be open and for discernment to see His work and to understand how we are to join Him.

Jami

Colossians 3:17 – And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

On our trip, we are going to be “doing” Word & Deed. Let’s remember that EVERYTHING WE DO is for God’s Glory………PERIOD – EXCLAMATION! 4G forever and ever .

Matthew 5:16 - In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

I find it interesting that God gave me 2 verses with the word "DEED" in them....WOW! Our deeds make His name GREAT! For His Glory....EVERYTHING is for His Glory!

Mitch

And they sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open it seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God members of EVERY TRIBE AND LANGUAGE AND PEOPLE AND NATION. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on earth.” –Revelation 5:9-10

 “Therefore go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” –Matthew 28:19-20

We are going to Africa to join God in his global redemptive work…and HE is with us to the very end of the age…

4G…4 God’s glory!

Anne

With 9 days to go, it is easy to be stressed and anxious about many things. Schedules, details, sorting and packing the bags with supplies, family situations, (vacation stop for paper) Compassion Tea Company while we're gone and much more. Each one has a different list. The verse below speaks loudly to me.

Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer an petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

The entire adventure we are about to go on is all part of God's lower story for us and His upper story to bring Him glory. He even assures us that it His plan for us and promises that He will hear us when we pray and find Him when we seek Him with all our heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment